Ever gone hiking from your desk? Google released panoramic imagery on Google Maps of one of the world’s most spectacular national monuments, The Grand Canyon.
Since February 2005, Google has been pretty aggressive in their quest to map the Earth and beyond with projects like Google, Sky, Google Moon and Google Mars. The Google Grand Canyon project includes Google Street View images that cover more than 75 miles of trails and surrounding roads.
Here are just some of the things you can see and explore using Google Grand Canyon:
- Take a virtual hike down the exposed paths of the Grand Canyon
- Hike down the famous Bright Angel Trail
- Gaze out at the mighty Colorado River
- Explore scenic overlooks in full 360-degrees
- Visit the Grand Canyon’s neighbor, the Meteor Crater
If all of this virtual national monument exploration wears you down, you can always come back to reality by ogling at all of the naked people that Google’s cameras have captured over the years.
Via Google Maps